Parents are reminded of the following important procedures that are in place on a daily basis:
1) Absence from school:
School rolls are a legal document. A written note must be sent stating the reason for the child’s absence. These notes are dated and filed by the class teacher. School attendance rolls are marked daily.
2) Late Arrival / Early pick-up of child procedure:
Students who are arriving or departing school during school hours must have their names recorded. An authorised adult must report to the school office and sign a register before picking up their child from the classroom.
3) Arrival and departure times at school:
- Children should not be at school before 8:30am
- Staff are on yard duty from 8:30am
- Staff are on after school yard duty from 3:20pm – 3:35pm
- All children should be picked up by 3:35pm
- Any child not collected by 3:35pm will be brought back into the school to wait in the school area until collected
- School entry between the hours of 9:00am and 3:30pm is via the main office entrance off St Alban’s Rd.
4) School dismissal – pick-up procedure:
At 3:20 pm each day staff members are on duty at the rear of the school near Thomson Reserve. The drop off / pick up drive thru is also supervised.
Parental support for these ‘Duty of Care’ requirements is requested.